The University, as a part of its educational mission, supports and encourages participation in co-curricular activities as an integral part of your total education. The advantages of our large campus are the hundreds of diverse opportunities that are offered each year. In addition to campus life, the community of Eugene has many additional opportunities for participation and service. Whether you wish to explore a new activity widen your circle of friends, or promote knowledge of a cause, there is probably an organization in existence to suit your needs.
What are the Benefits?
- Sense of achievement
- Self development and personal growth
- Small groups with similar interests
- Develop leadership skills and values, such as problem solving, communication, organization, and responsibility to society
- Expand your circle of friends
- Balance for your academic life
- Valuable campus and community contacts
- Employment advantage after graduation
- Recognition for your hard work
- Enjoying the activity itself
To the University
- Involved and informed students
- Resources to address issues and concerns
- Joint partnerships between students, faculty and staff
To the Community
- Valuable services performed
- College graduates with leadership qualities and abilities
- Future leaders with knowledge, skills and integrity
College provides the best setting for you to explore your potential, take more risks, and try new experiences and ideas. Don't hesitate--Get involved now!!! You may ask yourself; in what activities should I become involved? These five simple questions will help you make your decision:
- What have I been involved with previously? (Think about the projects and organizations with which you have been involved).
- What did I gain from those activities? (Make a list of the skills, knowledge personal contacts etc. that you gained from those prior experiences).
- What new skills and abilities would I like to gain? (What new skills would you like to develop through your new involvements?)
- What am I interested in getting involved in? (Based on the skills you would like to acquire or develop, decide what activities will afford you the opportunity to develop those skills.)
- What projects did you like/dislike?