Internships & Openings
The AIAS exists to promote excellence in architectural education, training and practice; to foster an appreciation of architecture and related disciplines; and to organize architecture students and combine their efforts to advance the science of art or architecture.
Educational activities include movie/lecture nights, workshops, faculty presentations, giving students the chance to have their work submitted for publication. Community activities include Habitat for Humanity and working with elementary school children. Students interact with professionals on a regular basis.
The mission of the American Institute of Architecture Students is to organize architecture students in a combined effort for advancement in the field of architecture.
We strive to provide a stronger connection between the educational environment and the professional world. Our goal is to supplement architectural education with specific events that connect students with professionals in the field of architecture.
This will be accomplished through:
- Workshops in portfolio design, resume building and interviewing skills.
- Special Events such as the Reverse Crit, the Architecture Career Fair, and sponsored guest speakers.
- Connections through the mentor program, American Institute of Architects, the
national network of the AIAS
AIAS @ UO offers:
- Contact with the architectural profession
- Direct connection to the local AIA
- Firm tours in Eugene and Oregon
- Portfolio workshops with professionals
- Interview/Resume workshops with professionals
- Critique opportunities
- Mentorship possibilities
- Internship possibilities
Our most important asset is our connection to the architectural profession.
Have you decided to join the U of O AIAS chapter and take advantage of the great opportunities we have to offer? Great! Simply stop by the AIAS office in room 381B Lawrence Hall to pick up your application form. Application forms are available outside the AIAS office at all hours.