Internships & Openings
How will you choose to spend your summer? Join the millions of volunteers, public servants and nonprofit professionals who heard the call to serve in the nation's capital.
The Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service offers you a chance to put your talents towards affecting change. Spend your summer in service while getting a hands-on learning experience in Washington, DC.
This summer's IPVS application deadline has been extended to March 25, 2010 with scholarship funding available. You still have the opportunity to be placed in an internship that puts you on the front-lines of our nation's recovery and renewal.
Spend your summer taking action and making an impact in the community. With IPVS you can:
- Provide families with educational programs that combat childhood obesity.
- Help to advance public health by conducting intake interviews.
- Facilitate enrichment opportunities for at-risk youth that encourage future successes.
- Translate legal service documents and consultations for low-income immigrants.
- Raise money and awareness for diseases that affect millions.
- Provide direct emergency services to clients at a homeless shelter.
- Research nonprofit policy and report on agency benefits.
- Engage the local community in a park clean-up that revitalizes urban green spaces.
To take advantage of the extended deadline, please contact Emily Hill, IPVS Manager at email@example.com or (800) 741 -6964. We will work with you to help you complete your application and ensure that it qualifies for the extended deadline.
For more information or to start an application, please visit our website at www.DCinternships.org/IPVS.
About the Program
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies in partnership with Georgetown University, IPVS is an eight-week academic internship program held in Washington, D.C. for undergraduate students interested in volunteerism and careers in the nonprofit sector. The Institute combines substantive professional experience for 30 hours a week with a challenging academic experience worth 6 credit hours from Georgetown University. All students are housed on campus in apartment-style dorms.
Choose to spend your summer in service with IPVS!